- Ancestral Influences/Family Tree Numerology
- Numerology Book Reviews
- Chaldean Numerology
- Numerology Calculator, and Free Numerology Chart Makers
- Decoz Numerology Chart
- Do-It-Yourself Numerology
- The Proportional Numerology Chart
- Numerology Resources
- Numerology Chart
- House Numbers Numerology
- How To Read A Numerology Chart
- Language and Numerology
- Numerology; Calculating the Life Path Number
- Let Numerology Help You Find Lost Objects
- The Numerology of 11-11-11 by Decoz
- The Numerology of 11-11-11
- The Numerology of 9/10/2011
- The Numerology of 4-4-2011
- Numerology And The Age Digit
- Numerology Bridge Numbers
- Numerology Book - Chinese
- Core Numbers in Numerology
- Numerology; Essence and Personal Years
- Numerology And The Influence Of Names
- Numerology And Karmic Lessons, part 1
- Numerology And Karmic Lessons, part 2
- Numerology And Karmic Debt Numbers
- Numerology, Romance, and Comparing Life Path Numbers
- Long Term Cycles In Numerology
- Numerology Master Numbers
- The Meaning Of The Balance Numbers
- The Mountains and Valeys of Numerology
- Numerology And The Name Game
- Numerology And The Name Game - A Rose....
- Numerolog; The Personalities Of Numbers
- Numerology Double Digit Numbers
- Numerology And Personal Years
- Seeing Repeating Numbers
- Numerology Readings; the pros and cons of numerology software and professional practitioners
- The Y As A Vowel Or A Consonant
- New Numerology Reports
- Free Numerology Readings
- The World Numerology Collection Registration Guide
- Big Baby Logic
- A Binary God
- Earth Day
- The Invisible You
- One Is The Loneliest Numbers
- My Many Careers
- A Numerology Report
- The Accidental Numerologist
- A Different Perspective on Numerology
- The Philosophy Behind Numerology
- The Power of Nothing
- Recommended Numerology Books
- When to Reduce Master Numbers in Numerology
- Ask The Right Question
- The Right Reasons To Practice Numerology
- Numerology Speaking
- Numerology And The Spiritual Seven
- Subtle Points In Numerology
- Numerology And Synchronicity
- The Three Pillars of Numerology
- Vowels and Numerology
- What Is Numerology
- Numerology 101
- Free Monthly Forecast
- Numerology; The Diamond Spirit report
- Returning To Your Maiden Name After Divorce
- What Happens When You Take Your Husband's Name
- Your Name Is Not An Accident
- Numerology And The Why Question
- Ethics For Professional Numerologists
- Pythagoras, The Father Of Western Numerology
- Numerology Looks At September 11, 2001
- The Numerology Chart Maker
- Numerology Diamond Software
- Numerology Lucky Number Software
- Quality In Numerology Software
Essence vs. Personal Years in Numerology
The Personal Year/Month/Day cycles in numerology are based on your date of birth. Your Transit and Essence cycles are derived from the letters in your full name at birth.
Most people who are familiar with Numerology generally know their Personal Year cycles. This cycle is relatively easy to calculate and is the basis for all Numerology horoscopes; however, Essence cycles are just as influential and powerful as the Personal Year Cycles. The problem with Essence cycles is that they are not as easy to calculate. Before I explain the mathematical formula for the Essence cycles, let me point out a few other things that are important and different from the Personal Year cycles.
The Personal Year/Month/Day cycles are based on your date of birth. Your Transit and Essence cycles are derived from the letters in your full name at birth. Personal Year/Month/Day cycles run in tandem with the calendar year, although it is not always exactly from January to December. This depends on whether your date of birth is close to the end or beginning of the calendar year or closer to the center. Essence and Transit cycles run from birthday to birthday.
Most importantly, the effect of Personal Year (as well as Personal Month and Day cycles) is felt "externally," not unlike the weather or the environment you find yourself in. Essence and Transit cycles are felt "internally;" think of it as your state of being, your mood and emotional state. Where Personal Year cycles tend to create circumstances around you, offering you opportunities as well as challenges to which you respond, Essence and Transit cycles reveal your state of mind -- where you're at on your path, what you want and what motivates you. This is similar to the Life Path, which is also based on your date of birth and shows the path you're on, and the core numbers from your name, which reveals the person walking that path. These are two distinctly different views.
If you seek a more in-depth and complete understanding of where you are in your personal evolution and what you can expect to experience in the near -- or not so near -- future, you need to look at both sets of cycles. As an example, let's say that you are in a 4 Personal Year. You will find that your career is more demanding, that there is no room for procrastination, you are swamped with details and that you regularly get frustrated with the slow pace in which everything seems to move. You will also find that people lean on you more than usual, especially those who are not very efficient at keeping the material/financial side of their lives under control. For these reasons, you will find that you take your job more seriously, are less social and focus better than at other times in your life. However, if you also have a 5 Essence cycle, all the influences of the 4 Personal Year are still there, but you have a very difficult time responding to their requirements properly. Instead, you feel restless, scattered and easily bored. The 5 Essence, the internal cycle, puts you in a state of mind that is almost directly opposite from what the 4 Personal Year is asking from you -- a shorter-than-usual attention span, a strong need to go out and be social and have fun, to postpone things, to travel and to be impulsive.
On the other hand, if you have a 4 Personal Year cycle coupled with a 6 Essence, you are in much better shape to take advantage of the opportunities of the 4. You feel responsible, balanced, capable, stable and comfortable with your surroundings. People respond better to you.
Our World Numerology Collection, offers an in-depth Numerology forecast that talks about your Essence as well as your Personal Year cycles in a way that should help you get a better picture of your current cycles. Your Transit cycles are also included in the report, and they form the foundation for your Essence cycle. You find the Transit cycles by (and here comes the reason these cycles are so much more difficult to calculate than the Personal Year cycles) adding the number of years equal to the numerical value of each letter in your name until you reach your current age. For example, if your first name is Johannes, the first year after you were born has a "J" First Transit, but only for one year because the letter "J" has a value of 1 and therefore only lasts one year. For the next six years the letter "O" is in place because the "O" has a value of 6, and therefore runs for six years and so forth. The "H" is an 8, and thus occupies its position as a First Transit for eight years. When you have worked your way through the whole first name, it starts all over.
Your first name is used to find your First Transit. If you have a middle name, your Second Transit is found by following the letters of your middle name. If you have more than one middle name, they are fused together. Your last name produces the Third Transit and, as with the middle name, if you have more than one last name, they are fused.
The First Transit is considered your "physical" Transit as it influences you on the physical plane (health, stamina, finances, etc.). Your Second Transit is called your "mental" Transit and affects you mostly on the mental plane. The Third Transit plays on the spiritual plane. If you don't have a middle name, you don't have a Second Transit, and the Third Transit will affect you on both the mental and spiritual planes. Transit cycles are not as strongly felt as the Essence cycle, which is found by adding the Transit cycles for that year. If you have a First Transit cycle "J" (a value of 1), a Second Transit cycle "A" (also a 1), and a Third Transit Cycle "D" (a value of 4), your Essence cycle for that year is 1 + 1 + 4 = 6.
Perhaps the most troublesome combination of cycles is when both the Personal Year and Essence cycles are the same. This is called a Duality and it almost always spells trouble. The reason is simple and makes sense: you are off balance with too much weight of a single number leaning in one direction. Let's use the above example of a 4 Personal Year. If you also had a 4 Essence cycle, you would not only find yourself in a situation where your work is exceedingly demanding, details and petty stuff occupies much of your time, everybody and his uncle needs your attention, and you are burdened with the sense that everything is stagnating -- you are also in a state of mind that exaggerates and amplifies all of that. That is not a pretty picture.
Generally, the best combinations of cycles are those that have a gap of 2, such as 1 and 3, 2 and 4, 3 and 5 and so forth. Particularly fortunate combinations include: 1 and 8 or 4 and 8 (good for business and career); 2 and 6 (improvements in relationship and romance); 3 and 5 (communication, sales, self promotion, etc); 3 and 7 (intellectually creative, spiritual realizations); 6 and 9 (artistic, healthy); and 7 and 9 (global consciousness, fortunate -- as in being in the right place at the right time).
Troublesome combinations, other than same number cycles, include: 1 and 5 (tends to put people on the wrong path, often a downward spiral); 4 and 7 (petty mind, issues with jealousy, intolerance); 2 and 8 (conflict in career and business, personality clashes); and 1 and 9 (selfish, incapable, self obstruction).
Here is to hoping that your cycles are extremely fortunate this year!